From that moment on everything changed for me. It's hard to imagine what my life would have been like if i had never become a Christian. I reckon i would probably have pursued a career in Accounting or Finance because that's what i thought i wanted to do at that stage.
My faith gave me an understanding of what life was really all about - a new perspective and purpose that gradually changed my goals, dreams and desires. It has been an amazing journey over the last decade with lots of highs and lows but never once have i ever had any serious doubts or regrets about living for God. I have gotten to know God better in this time and yet i still know i have only scratched the surface of who He is. Here are just a few truths that i have collected and stored along the journey:
- I am not always faithful but God is always faithful.
- There are times when i feel incredibly far away from God and yet those are the experiences that have lifted my faith to an entirely new level.
- Without strong Christian friends i would have given up on faith long ago. Thank-you.
- God is incredibly patient with me and constantly reminds me that He is not finished with me yet.
- Sadly there are lots of Christians who give God a bad name.
- God is interested in making disciples not just saving people.
- I am convinced that nothing else can provide the peace and fulfillment that God brings in a life.